I am a teacher
I am constantly having these little realizations that I am, in fact, a teacher. The photo company returned the photo orders the other day and I am now proudly displaying my VERY OWN class picture on my wall, and at home on my piano. I remember standing in the gym having the picture taken and thinking: "Holy Cow- I'm the only adult in this picture. MY NAME is going to be written on that little black board in front of the first row." It's weird.
And tomorrow is our Christmas concert. My students have been dutifully and enthusiastically practicing their song "Le Noel des musiciens". Once I came to pick them up from music class a little early and watched the rest of their practice. Their faces lit up when I walked in and it was like they just wanted to make sure that I was watching them. They wanted me to see how hard they were trying. When I put my hands behind my ears to indicate they should sing louder, they did! With gusto!!
I have great influence over 24 young people... and I really like them. More importantly, they really like me. I got teary-eyed in that music class. I am so proud of my students. I can't believe they're learning from me. This is the best job ever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home