Life Itself

Welcome! This blog is for keeping friends and family updated on what is happening in my life. I have a brand new digital camera and I'm not afraid to use it, so I am often left with an overwhelming amount of pictures to resize and send out to folks. I hope this makes it easier to share them. At the bottom of each post there is a place to leave comments or greetings, please feel free :) (Although any "anonymous" comments without a name will be deleted) Many blessings to you!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Latest

On the last day of my visit with Corey (right after we got in from the bike ride), Corey's cell phone rang with a Manitoba phone number that neither of us recognized. When I answered the call, I was greeted by a principal of school in the Winnipeg School Division who had received my name from a classmate of mine in reference to a position they needed to fill. I informed him that I would be back in Wpg at 10:30 the following morning and within minutes I had scheduled a 1:30 interview.

I got home from the airport around 11:30, quickly showered and ate, searched around for my teaching portfolio and headed off. The princicpal and vice principal who interviewed me were SO friendly and conversational, that half an hour into the "conversation" I started to wonder when they were going to interview me! An hour after that, after having toured the school and seen my potential classroom, I was offered a job!

Having been awake since 3am Wpg time, I was almost too confused to do anything right then and there, but with a quick head shake, I happily accepted the position. So.... starting in September, I will be a grade 3 French Immersion teacher at Ecole Garden Grove! I am really excited as Garden Grove is a fabulous school for teachers and students- and now I finally get to start planning!

Tomorrow I will start the FIT program at College St. Boniface (French Immersion for Teachers) so that will be a great way to update and practice my French, but if anyone has ideas or resources (or donations!) to make towards my classroom, feel free to contact me!!

So that's the latest :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your graduation Anna! I'm delighted to hear you got a teaching position already. Great news! Love your blog and the pictures are awesome. What a great way to keep in touch. Keep up the good work! Rita

July 02, 2006 7:08 p.m.  
Blogger The Hippie Triathlete said...

Yay Anna!

July 03, 2006 12:25 p.m.  
Blogger Bowering said...

Congrats Anna, welcome to the world of teaching, your first year will be a complete whirlwind, it's tough but once you make it through that first year, you're set. Setting up your classroom is the best, you are very creative so your classroom will rock and your students will love you. Congrats again.
nola

July 03, 2006 9:46 p.m.  
Blogger coffee-to-go-please said...

yay teacher anna!! or should i say Mlle Barry.....!!! i am so happy for you!!! (and i will tell my mom and she will be so excited too....lol)

July 06, 2006 1:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, that is so awesome to hear! I'm so excited for you!!! And you're going to be teaching in my end of town too! Maybe we'll have to see about doing lunch one day :)

July 10, 2006 1:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey anna, congrats on another graduation! good to hear how you are doing, good look with the new job too - want anything scottish to decorate with?
love ally

July 11, 2006 8:19 a.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

Ally- I would LOVE Scottish decorations! In fact, I plan on having a whole "travel wall" for postcards and a big map... I'd love a poster of a Highland Cow!!! Thanks for thinking of me... it was good to get your newsletter the other day too. Stay well :)
Are you going to any of the weddings this summer? Will I see you??

July 11, 2006 4:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home