Engagement Party
The owners and the regular customers gave us their congrats throughout the evening while we played pool, ate appetizers and socialized with everyone. We even went and sat in the same 2 chairs at the bar where we met for the first time.
I consider myself to be a reflective person in general, but last night was a very in-your-face opportunity to reflect on our relationship. Being at Triple B's provided a very tangible memory of events from 4 years ago. I wish I could remember more of what I thought at that time... about Corey, about my job, about my life. I wish I could remember what I thought about the future back then too. I don't think I EVER would have guessed that we'd be here today, together. But, of all the things that have come our way, and all the obstacles we have climbed, I just feel so very happy that we came through it together. God has been faithful!
Another aspect of last night that I found to be extremely special was that we were surrounded by a crowd of friends that we didn't necessarily know 4 years ago. Friends that we met through each other, friends that we made together, and most importantly, friends that have seen us through our relationship and have supported us. Friends that continue to support us by coming to this party! Both Corey and I felt the good overwhelming feeling of "Wow, all these people are here because of us. Because they love us, are happy for us and want to celebrate with us."
I guess for this reason, I want to express my gratitude to our friends and families- for loving us. And to God, also for lovng us, but also for blessing us with each other, a solid community and the strength, endurance and faith to make it here. It's more than I could have dreamed.
Rob and Dave
Scott, Jodine, Angela, Kevin, Vern, Corey, Anna
Neal, Marco, Colleen
The cake
Playing pool
Holly, Anna, Cathy
Our new friends from marriage class!
Jeff, Janice, Corey, Anna
Our beautiful banner

2 Comments:
Wish we could've been there to lift a pint to ya! I'll bet that what you thought about the future was nothing compared to the beauty of THIS...the here and now that continues to wow us. Congrats, my friend.
Looks like, and sounds like, a fabulous evening in honor of you both!! What a fabulous reason to celebrate!!
Post a Comment
<< Home