Le Perfectionnement
This summer I've been taking a course at College Saint-Boniface called French Immersion for Teachers. It's an intensive 3 week course where teachers and go and ameliorate their French (not matter what level).
My level is called Perfectionnement and we do grammar all day long... don't get me wrong, I like grammar, but sometimes I wish I could learn all about fruits and vegetables like some of the beginners are!
It's been an interesting time, because the college also organizes cultural events for us to participate in. Last week we had a Djembe drumming workshop (does someone have a Djembe that they want to let live at my house??) and today we went to the Theatre dans le cimitiere at the St-B Cathedral. It was the history of Louis Riel and some of the other people that affected the establishment of the French people in Winnipeg. It was really well done and quite funny!
It's been during these days that I have been realizing that I AM A TEACHER. It's weird. I've played the student role for so long that I don't even know where or how to start organizing myself for my classroom this fall... but I do know some things:
I love speaking French.
I can't wait to start teaching.
I'm happy right now... well, pretty happy.
Et ca c'est le perfectionnement aussi.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home