Hej!
At last the time has come for another blog update!! It has been hard to get to a computer to do normal things rather than search for hostels.
After Anna Margrethe's wedding, Katie went on her way to Stockholm and Ames, Willem Mijn and I took a train from Århus to Frederikshavn. There, we boarded a ferry to cross over to Göteborg, Sweden. For those of you who know Pippi Longstocking, Sweden is where she was created! We spent a very lovely few days sightseeing in Göteborg, and then Will had to head back to Spain to get ready for her trip to Burkina Faso.
Amy and I continued on our way yesterday to the ASTOUNDING town of Gränna... which reminds me a LOT of West Kilbride in Scotland. We went on a fabulous walk around the town (which is famous for making hard peppermint candy), up a million stairs to some hiking paths and watched a beautiful sunset atop a small mountain... could this get any better?!? We picked wild apples and walked around the harbour where we spent some good time talking about our Education philosophies (Ames will graduate from Education next year). What a special time we are having together!
Today we have wandered the cute main street, stopping in every candy store... we had a latte on a terrace overlooking the lake and the island. Later today, we are going to take a boat over to the island which is called Visingsö where we will either rent bikes or hire a horse drawn carriage to see the medieval castle ruins!
Tomorrow we will be heading to Nörkopping which is close the little town where the wedding is (Östra Ryd). Then it is off to Stockholm and then home!
Time is flying, and next week I will be too... please pray for safety concerning all the crazy airport stuff. I fly through Frankfurt and Toronto, so I feel pretty good.
Love you all...
Pippi

4 Comments:
Well Mllle. Pippi....good to hear from you...Sounds like you are having a great time and hope you bring home some peppermints!!!
Mom
Pippimints...bring home pippimints!
Poppy
Brea is looking forward to seeing "Auntie Anna" soon!
Safe travels! We'll be praying for you ("we" being myself and Neil--Breanna just wants to sleep... Of course she is supposed to be eating right now but she does send her groans... I think I'm going to have a diaper to change soon by all these grunts and noises!)
-elaine
Hey Anna!
I've never written on a blog before, so I thought it was time to try it! It is so exciting to hear about all your travels and adventures. I can't wait to see your pictures when you get home. Enjoy every minute and call me when you get home! I will pray that you have a safe flight. You'll be home in no time! Luv ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home